Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shirataki - a 0 Calorie pasta alternative!

I've mentioned zero calorie shirataki noodles several times in my posts (I eat them several times per week). While I wouldn't say that they're just as good as real pasta, they're the best substitute that I've found. They're definitely best when mixed with a lot of other ingredients. I've been using the Hungrygirl.com recipes for them after my sister told me about the website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157. HungryGirl.com describes them as "The World's Best Pasta Swap." My favorites are the chicken carbonara and the tuna noodle casserole. My husband really likes them too.  They're made from some sort of weird japanese yam root that smells like seafood, so you have to rinse them after opening.

I've had trouble finding them here locally (I haven't seen them at our Whole Foods). Anyway, the noodles are on sale on groupon today:


No comments:

Post a Comment