Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ChaLEAN Day 3

Today I do my second Burn Circuit with the ChaLEAN Extreme Program by BeachBody. I was too impatient to order any of the adjustable dumbbell sets that I found online, but luckily I found some very reasonably priced ones at Walmart. They are the 25 lb adjustable speed weights by Gold's Gym: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-25-lb.-Adjustable-Weight-Speed-Pack/12441626. They were sold separately for about $58 each (which seems pretty expensive, but you have to consider the fact that they are actually 5 sets/ 10 dumbbells in one). I would have never made it through the store pushing a cart with 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 lb dumbbell sets (150 lbs total)!

I usually workout in the afternoons, as it is all I can do to drag my rear out of bed to get ready for work each morning (and I'm chronically late). I blame this 50% on Pinterest (biggest time waster since facebook), 40% on whichever book I happen to be reading at the time (just finished the Game of Thrones series and starting on the Outlander series due to my sister's reccomendation), and 10% on metabolism spikes due to working out too late in the day (it's a vicious cycle). I will update later tonight with any comments on my workout and an assessment of my new adjustable free weights (Yay! I love new gear! :)

Update: I finished my second burn circuit, and I ended up using the 10 and 15 lb weights! My muscles are definitely fatigued, and I know I will definitely feel it in my hamstrings tomorrow (3 of the 9 sets involved dead lifts). According to my heart rate monitor, I burned about 200 calories during the 37 minute workout.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Bing Cherries 24 ea. - 78 cals

Lunch:
Baby Carrots 14 ea. - 49
Sabrae Roasted Pine Nut Hummus 2.5 tbsp - 100
Smoked Gouda Cheese (my favorite!) 2.5 oz - 225

Dinner:
HungryGirl.com Super Duper Spaghetti Pie with House Foods Shirataki noodles x 2 - 280
Extra Mozarella (skim) for spaghetti pie 1/8 cup - 40
Salad w/ Romain, Almond Accents, 2% colby Jack, dried cranberries, Wishbone spritzer - 133

Snacks:
Ghiradelli Twilight delight dark chocolate square - 72% cacao - 55
Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate snack bar - 90
Sugar Free Banana Nut Cream Cake (Walmart Bakery) - 1 slice - 110


Total: 1161 cals

No comments:

Post a Comment