Monday, August 6, 2012

Insanity - updated

As I mentioned in a previous post, I completed the first 5 weeks of Insanity by BeachBody before burning out (a.k.a. quitting...). I did take my measurements and weight before and after, and I also took before and after photos. I acutally gained a pound during the five weeks (probably due to terrible diet - I did not follow the reccomended program). But, I did lose some inches and tone up (see photos).

I found these workouts to be much harder than my usual 6 mile runs. I did not supplement the program with any running or other cardio due to time restriction. Many of the workouts are over 45 minutes long. I used a heart rate monitor with a chest strap during most workouts, and surprisingly, I did not burn many more calories than I burn while running. Though, I'm sure I built more muscle than while running, and the muscle continues to burn calories after the workout.


Here are the before and after photos. I think the biggest change is the definition in my tummy (what I consider to be my trouble area). Sorry! Not sure why the "before" photo is sideways... I will update this post with my before and after measurements later this evening.

xoxo,

Fifi


Update: Here are my before and after measurements and weight. I'm 5'5"

Week 1: Before

Weight: 128
Chest: 36
bicep: 10
waist: 28
Belly at belly button: 31
Hips at widest: 37
Upper Thigh at widest: 21.5
Calf: 13.5

Week 5: After

Weight: 129
Chest: 35
bicep: 10
waist: 27
Belly at belly button: 29.5
Hips at widest: 36.5
Upper Thigh at widest: 21
Calf: 13.5

No comments:

Post a Comment