Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ChaLEAN Week 2 - Weight Training v. Cardio for fat loss

So, my parents came into town to visit this weekend, and we definitely over-indulged. My husband and I took them to a delicious all-you-can-eat cajun buffet for lunch (I didn't go back for seconds, so that's a small accomplishment), and then to a a delicious traditional German restaurant for dinner. We had a rare "cool" day (the high was only in the 90's), so we sat out on the patio and their was a live band. I had 2184 total calories on Friday, 2015 on Saturday, and I got somewhat back on track on Sunday with 1673 calories.

I skipped my ChaLEAN workout on Saturday, because we were busy with my parents, but I made it up on Sunday (which was supposed to be a rest day). It was a 2-part workout "Burn it Off" and "Recharge." Burn it Off is a high intensity cardio routine. Very light weights are used in a small portion of the workout. Recharge is a yoga/stretching routine. It is about 20 minutes long, but it seemed like an hour to me, because I've never really enjoyed stretching or yoga (too impatient I guess), but I know it was good for me.

I started my week 2 workouts yesterday with my second round of Burn Circuit 1. I really upped my weights on many of the exercises, and felt like I got a much better workout than the first time around. I kept with the same weight on any exercises  which included a lateral raise (their were a few), because I felt it was necessary to keep correct form.

I mentioned before that the main reason I'm writing this blog is to keep myself in check and motivated to complete the entire program. Another things that helps me with this is surfing Pinterest and Fitness blogs for motivational pictures and articles. Here's an article that I found very motivational, specifically with regard to sticking with the ChaLean Extreme program as opposed to going back to my normal daily cardio routine: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_training_wars.htm.

Food Diary:

No comments:

Post a Comment