Friday, August 10, 2012

ChaLean Day 5 - total pig out at lunch...

So, I sort of completely pigged out at lunch today... I met one of my good friends at a Spanish Tapas restaurant (for which I had bought a Groupon), and lost all self-control (see food diary below). We had fun catching up, and I defintely enjoyed the yummy food and a glass of Sangria, but I refuse to let this be a set back or to set the stage for my eating habits this weekend. My new mantra is "Everyday is a Monday." Now, I don't mean this in as far as the icky back-to-work Monday. I've just always had some sort of mental block that wouldn't allow me to start a new healthy eating plan or exercise plan until a Monday (as though there is something magical about that dreaded day of the week). So for me, tonight I will start with my healthy eating habits again at dinner. I'm hoping this will help to avoid one of those downward spirals where I eat so much on the weekend that I completely undo all of the good I've done over the week.

I completed burn circuit 3 today, and I'm really proud of the heavier weights I used today. It all started by accident, as I am still trying to get accustomed to my new adjustable weight dumbbells. The first exercise was a sumo squat with an overhead press, and I thought I adjusted my weights to 10 lbs each. After finishing the exercise (I failed at 11 reps), I realized that I had 15 lbs. Since the goal is to fail at 10-12 reps, 15 was probably the right weight for me. So, for the remaining exercises, if I was debating between two different weights, I went with the heavier one. I even used 20 lbs on a couple of the lower body exercises. My max heart rate was 158, and I burned 210 calories during the 32 minute workout.


Food Diary:

Breakfast:
South Beach Meal Bar (See? I started out with good intentions!) - 180 cals

Lunch:
Spanish Tapas including: golden fried goat cheese with honey, spicy chicken empanadas, fried artichokes, steak tomatillos, crispy rock shrimp in cream sauce, side salad with blue cheese crumbles, sherry vinaigrette and chickpeas, and cheesecake.... - 1261 cals

I borrowed my hubby's "man cave" to do my workout. I think I'll take over and start calling it my exercise room or "she cave." This should work out for me at least until football season starts in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment